Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt.

2 posters

Go down

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt. Empty Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt.

Post  wfrad Mon 30 Nov 2009, 8:15 am

Mexican Foot Artillery Officer 1846 Sub Lieutenant
Ive place two links because I’m not quite happy about the Photo bucket link so I have added the scrid which is a little bit better.
drawing is bad enough without making it look even worse by making it hard to read.
Taking from Osprey’s Men at Arms 56, Mexican American War 1846 – 1848.
Ranks:
Colonel, gold [For Foot] or silver [for mounted] epaulets with full bullion with one large star [opposite colour] on each shoulder and also a scarlet waist band.
Lt Colonel as above without the large star.
Captains two plain epaulets silver or gold.
Lieutenants and 2nd Lieutenants one epaulet on the right shoulder silver or gold.
Sub Lieutenants and sub Adjutants one epaulet on the left shoulder.

First sergeants and cornet majors two silk epaulets, green mounted crimson for foot.
Second Sergeant one silk epaulet on right shoulder.
Corporal two diagonal linen strips from the cuff inside seam the outside seam just below the elbow.

I know before anyone says anything that I slated Osprey but sometimes it a matter of the devil you know.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by wfrad on Tue 19 Jul 2022, 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed photobucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt. Empty Re: Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt.

Post  ChrisF202 Mon 30 Nov 2009, 9:46 am

Good job Bill, I like it. Must have taken quite a bit of work though!

Any chance you could do a full rank insignia chart?

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt. Empty Rank Chart

Post  wfrad Mon 30 Nov 2009, 11:26 am

Hi Chris
If I ever get rid of this 'windows has a fault and is shutting down' problem.
Tried everything except a full re-install, tooooo many files to mess about with for that!
One thing, this is the last half arsed windows system that I will ever bother with, rather learn a new system than get another half baked one from Microsoft. Since 3 they have never put a system on the market that is easy to repair, rather leaving it to third party software that sometimes does more harm than good.
Tried twenty six times to load/open a folder tonight, that’s after running a clean and restart, lucky the window is closed or it would have been thrown out of it. I'm pleased I haven't got a cat, it would have been kicked into orbit.
Thing is internet explorer works ok, windows explorer is just one major pain.

May take some time but I will try to do a chart, rant over, finishing the whisky and going to bloody bed!!!!
And if 'She Who Rules' is snoring, guess who will be joining the astronauts...

Regards
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt. Empty Mexican rank chart 1846

Post  wfrad Thu 03 Dec 2009, 11:22 am

Having tried to find a good example of a Mexican epaulette from 1846, failed miserably, I’ve  done this chart which may be as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
I just got fed up of trying ‘Mexican’ only to have American shoved at me.
It appears that Google and  others find it difficult to differentiate between the words Mexican and American, also it seems that there was only one nation fighting the war going by search results.
Anyway, wrong or not here it is!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Regards
WF

Last edited by wfrad on Tue 19 Jul 2022, 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing photobucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt. Empty Re: Mexican Foot Artillery Sub Lt.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down