Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniforms and Insignia of the Royal Armoured Corps since 1946’

Go down

Uniforms and Insignia of the Royal Armoured Corps since 1946’ Empty Uniforms and Insignia of the Royal Armoured Corps since 1946’

Post  wfrad Sat 26 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

Uniforms and Insignia of the Royal Armoured Corps since 1946’
John Bodsworth.
Published Military Library Research Service 2006.
125 pages including Bibliography 129 pages [I’ve no intention of counting illustrations]

Regiments:
3rd Carabiniers (POWDG) ... 4/7th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards...
3rd Kings Hussars... 4th Queens Hussars ... 7th Queens Hussars...
8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars...10th Royal Hussars (POW)...11th Hussars (PAO)...
13/18th Royal Hussars (QMO)...14/20th Kings Hussars...15/19th Kings Royal Hussars...1st Kings Dragoon Guards...
Kings Royal Hussars...9th Queens Royal Lancers...12th Royal Lancers (POW)...9/12 Royal Lancers...
16/5th Queens Royal Lancers...17/21st Lancers...Light Dragoons...Queens Bays (2nd DG)...
Queens Dragoon Guards...Queens Own Hussars...Queens Royal Hussars...Queens Royal Irish Hussars...
Queens Royal Lancers...Royal Armoured Corps...Royal Dragoon Guards...1st Royal Dragoons... Royal Hussars...
Royal Scots Dragoon Guards...Royal Scots Greys (2nd Dragoons)...Royal Tank Regiment...

A wealth of information, good colour photographs illustrating all types of the corps uniform from No.1 dress through to No.14 including full dress.
Badges and insignia are clearly illustrated although there are a few errors with numbering in the text reference.
With modern books it’s becoming the norm for printing errors and mistakes in general, the errors, those that I’ve noticed, are mainly just ‘3b’ instead of ‘3a’ rather than the wrong details.
Proof readers, or good ones, seem to have become an endangered species!

In my opinion it’s still a first class publication, mistakes and all.
Regards
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down