Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795

2 posters

Go down

Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795 Empty Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795

Post  wfrad Fri 16 Dec 2016, 6:12 am

This is an illustration from the first issue of El Dorado.

Going from the description given I’ve attempted to colour the images.  
As you can see I’ve also rearranged them a little, hopefully correctly.

The object of El Dorado was/is to generate interest in the various aspects of Latin American military history.
A search for some  information on the society didn’t bring forth any results other than publishers sites.  
However, I believe that the society do have a Facebook page for those who are interested in South American Military History.  
Anyone who’s interested and are on Facebook, may be able to find out a little more.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795 Empty Re: Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795

Post  Animal Wed 28 Dec 2016, 5:44 pm

Any links to their FB page?

Animal

Back to top Go down

Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795 Empty Re: Uniforms of the Viceroyalty of the River Plate 1744 - 1795

Post  wfrad Thu 29 Dec 2016, 5:22 am

I don’t know about anyone else, but I've found Facebook and twitter are almost impossible to search unless registered.
Tried a search for the South American Historians Society, another fail.

If you do have any of the El-Dorado magazines, then there's contact details for Terry Hooker in some of them.  
His e-mail and home address details are listed.
Although it’s a bit of a long shot after twenty plus years, but they could still be correct.

Some of the more savvy members may have more information.
Although getting replies lately is like waiting for the return of King Arthur.

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad Tue 21 Mar 2017, 6:23 am

Just in case you haven't found this, here's the 2nd plate from El Dorado.
Colours may be a little off but I believe it gives the general idea.

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:30 pm

Another page from the El Dorado series, I've tried to find a little more detailed information but failed.
I wasn't certain on the colour of the buttons for top left and bottom centre two so left white.
Also it's unclear regarding the bottom centre right regarding arm lace.
Detailed information for the period, in English, is quite hard to find.
There are a couple of good books, Spanish text, on the period but they ain't cheap.

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down