Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musiker, Postschutz, 1937

3 posters

Go down

Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Empty Musiker, Postschutz, 1937

Post  goldenvision Tue 02 Sep 2008, 12:33 am

I was interested to see the drawing of a Postschutz musician. I've not heard that that organisation had them and haven't seen any reference to them wearing "swallow's nests". Could someone supply a source for this.I'm away from my references at the moment, so I may be mistaken, but I think that the earlier uniform was dark blue and the collar patches were grey piped with orange not solid orange ( even Messrs Mollo and Davis got that wrong). Accurate drawings of the rank insignia can be found at...

http://www.uniforminsignia.net/index.php?p=show&id=100&sid=1965

I hope this doesn't look to much like nit picking

RW

goldenvision

Back to top Go down

Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Empty Illustration

Post  goldenvision Wed 03 Sep 2008, 12:19 am

Here is a quick drawing of the uniform of a Postschutzmann with the insignia worn from 1940-1942.
Note that the collar patches are grey piped with orange not solid orange. The bar on the left sleeve denotes two years service.
Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Postschutzmannkb8

goldenvision

Back to top Go down

Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Empty Postschutz rank

Post  wfrad Wed 03 Sep 2008, 11:31 am

hi
The link below shows patches of green with orange piping.
I assume the orange patch ref came from BL Davis and Pierre Turner's book, which show an example a uniform with orange patches.
Don't know if it's a time scale thing, Third Reich insignia changed more often than the weather during the 30's.
http://www.uniforminsignia.net/index.php?p=show&id=100&sid=1965

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Empty Re: Musiker, Postschutz, 1937

Post  goldenvision Thu 04 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

Hello wfrad
Apart from on the earlier blue uniform and the SS uniform worn after 1942 the collar patches were always grey-green with orange piping. What changed was the shoulder straps.

goldenvision

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri 05 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

Sorry this response is so long in coming but I still haven't got the internet on at home yet. Still a hostage of Deutsche Telecom!
The plate is based on a contemporary photograph. Although its black and white, I have used the colours shown in Davis' book.
I am unaware of a blue uniform for the Postschutz as I thought they were in field grey from their inception in the early 1930s. A German reference I have (unfortunately still in a box somewhere in my attic) shows only the grey uniform.
Hope this helps.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Fri 05 Sep 2008, 8:47 pm

Nice picture by the way.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenvision Sat 06 Sep 2008, 8:04 pm

Hello Sean
Thanks for the compliment about the sketch; I'm flattered.
Does your source photo show the swallow's nests, if so I'd like to see it. None of my references mention them.
Musiker, Postschutz, 1937 Postschutzxt8
This is a coloured copy of some contemporary illustrations of Postschutz insignia used on thr grey uniform from its introduction in 1934; the text roughly translated is…
Collar patches of field grey, bordered with orange coloured cloth. Aluminium braid, metal stars (silver coloured), Oak leaves embroidered in aluminium. Badges on both collar patches. Truppfuhrer: no insignia on the collar patches, black leather chin strap on cap. One silver coloured chevron on the right arm of jacket and overcoat.

goldenvision

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down