Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did The Armies Of The Central Asian Khanates Wear Uniforms?

Go down

Did The Armies Of The Central Asian Khanates Wear Uniforms? Empty Did The Armies Of The Central Asian Khanates Wear Uniforms?

Post  Animal Wed 27 Feb 2013, 7:17 am

I've been trying to find out if any of the armies of the pre-Russian conquest Central Asian states of Bukhara, Khiva, and Khokand wore any kind of uniform, or were their armies nothing more than feudal levies who wore their own clothing? I remember seeing a book drawing once of a guard detail at Bukhara's Registan, who seemed to be uniformly dressed in blue with tall fur caps, and a very grainy old photo of one of the khanates' artillery units, but was unable to find out any more details. Given that this period of Central Asian history, let alone any military details, are not particularly well known outside that region, I'll understand if nobody here has any such information.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Did The Armies Of The Central Asian Khanates Wear Uniforms? Empty Re: Did The Armies Of The Central Asian Khanates Wear Uniforms?

Post  Animal Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:38 am

Looks like Bokhara and Khiva did issue uniforms after they became Russian protectorates. http://siberia-minis.7910.org/forum/showthread.php?fid=12&tid=115&block=0

Animal

Back to top Go down