Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles

3 posters

Go down

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles Empty Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles

Post  Sean Mon 07 May 2012, 8:58 pm

Facings for the Tasmanian Rifles was green not red.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sean

Back to top Go down

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles Empty Infantry or Rifles

Post  wfrad Tue 08 May 2012, 10:42 am

Here's another of Tasmanian Infantry,
In the 1897 reforms wasn't the Tasmania Volunteer Rifle Regiment changed to the Tasmania Infantry Regiment?
Maybe the battalions Infantry battalions used red facing.
Not sure, don't know, Just asking so please take the boots of before jumping down my throat Laughing
http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/oz_uniforms/oz15.html

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles Empty Re: Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles

Post  Sean Wed 09 May 2012, 5:02 am

Your picture probably formed the basis for the two that I have posted. The Tas Rifle Regiment remained so until federation of the colonial forces in 1903 when it became a number of regiments in the Commonwealth Army. Red was the colour of the facings for the Tasmanian Mounted Infantry. The infantry colour was darkish green.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles Empty I recognize the coding in pencil on the pictures as from the Anne S.K. Brown Collection

Post  mconrad Wed 09 May 2012, 9:26 am

I recognize the coding in pencil on the pictures as from the Anne S.K. Brown Collection. Much credit to the magnificent postings of the collection on their site.

mconrad

Back to top Go down

Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles Empty Re: Lovely pictures, wrong facings - Tasmanian Rifles

Post  Sean Sun 20 May 2012, 6:34 pm

But does anyone know anything about the artist, Herbert Benham?

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down