Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900

2 posters

Go down

Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900 Empty Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900

Post  sbintayab Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:57 am

Hello everyone,
Today I have got an illustration from Naval and Army Illustrated 1900, Volume -11 about the badges of rank in the army. As per the illustration, I have produce an image-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I want to know about the details of this rank system specially- when it was worn and how long it was continued in British army?
Regards
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900 Empty Cuff Ranks

Post  wfrad Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:30 am

Shams,
the only ones I've seen documented up to now before the Army order 261 1902 changes are those on page 144 of 'Badges and Insignia of the British Armed Services army section by W.Y. Carmen. Which were never used and quickly disbanded.
Since you say these are from 1900, could they have been a trial for new ranks also never implemented?

Amy Order 261 1902
Around the cuffs of second lieutenants and lieutenants was a row of chevrons lace.
A captain had two rows and the major three rows with two rows of thin tracing braid laid between.
The lieutenant colonel had four rows of tracing braid to his three rows of chevron lace and the colonel had four rows of chevron lace and five of tracing.
But as well, a three pointed flap on the cuff, bearing the normal badges of the officers rank in drab embriodery.
The rank system that continued to the end of WW1 [1920].
Not quite what you have there! is there any text to the illustration?
Regards
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900 Empty Re: Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900

Post  sbintayab Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

Dear Wilf,
Thanks for ur reply. I am trying to download the book - Naval and Army Illustrated 1900, Volume -11 from books.google.com. There I got this book. In the book, page 378, There is a section named Badges of rank in the army. This illustration is in this section. I will try to download and will send the book.
Regards
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900 Empty Re: Sleeve rank badges of British army 1900

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down