Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known

3 posters

Go down

The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known Empty The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known

Post  busel82 Sat 08 Jan 2011, 8:13 pm

busel82

Back to top Go down

The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known Empty Re: The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known

Post  Animal Tue 11 Jan 2011, 7:57 am

Actually the pic looks more like a late 1800s-early 1900s, judging from the rifles and kepis. In fact the uniforms look like ones worn by the Mexican Army about the time of the 1911 revolution against Portfirio Diaz.

Animal

Back to top Go down

The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known Empty Re: The photo of army of Guatemala-time is not known

Post  ChrisF202 Wed 12 Jan 2011, 4:33 am

I agree, the bandoleers are iconic of that era. They look like the white summer uniforms worn by Diaz's army.

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Post  busel82 Wed 12 Jan 2011, 7:19 am

You are assured that it is the end 19-has begun 20 centuries? Zone belts are not characteristic for this time. The insurgent army could be armed by the various weapon-is possible and out-of-date rifles. On a kepi there are no country recognition symbols. Why you have solved that it is Mexican form-is possible to see a similar photo of army of Mexico for comparison. A photo took from article about insurgents of Guatemala-is possible it is army of Guatemala of the period about 1871-1904. At this time the army of Guatemala had the form of type of army of France? Thanks for the statement!

busel82

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal Wed 12 Jan 2011, 2:46 pm

busel82 wrote:You are assured that it is the end 19-has begun 20 centuries? Zone belts are not characteristic for this time. The insurgent army could be armed by the various weapon-is possible and out-of-date rifles. On a kepi there are no country recognition symbols. Why you have solved that it is Mexican form-is possible to see a similar photo of army of Mexico for comparison. A photo took from article about insurgents of Guatemala-is possible it is army of Guatemala of the period about 1871-1904. At this time the army of Guatemala had the form of type of army of France? Thanks for the statement!

Definitely late 19th-early 20th century. Even if guerillas from the 1950's onward might've still used bolt action rifles, the kepis had been discarded by the Guatamalan Army decades earlier. After 1950, rebels would've had access to surplus WWII US Army clothing and equipment(like Castro's followers in Cuba), which also would've ruled out the white uniforms as being from post-1950.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Post  busel82 Thu 13 Jan 2011, 7:49 am

Thanks for the answer! Whether really it is army of Guatemala of 19 centuries? On soldiers there is no footwear-they are barefooted!!! The army of Guatemala was in such awful condition-on to my data of the form of Guatemala made in France. I am am disturbed by belts-me it seemed in 19 century not belts (ammunition) of this kind? A kepi strange. You speak Army of Guatemala has refused a kepi in 40 years of 20 centuries-on to my data of a kepi have cancelled in the beginning of 20 centuries, they remained толко with cadets of schools? It not the smart form-field. You have photo of army of Guatemala in the field form of this period to look for an example?

busel82

Back to top Go down

Post  busel82 Thu 13 Jan 2011, 7:54 am

Yes, has forgotten-sign on a kepi it is similar to a sign on army of Guatemala or it seemed to me? The book about a uniform of Colombia is necessary to probably you - a copy I give free of charge?

busel82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down