Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colonel on the staff

2 posters

Go down

Colonel on the staff Empty Colonel on the staff

Post  sbintayab Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:52 am

Hello,
I do not have dress regulations 1874. I don't have any knowledge on the cuff and collar details of Colonel on staff of 1874. I have posted two images. Can anyone help me to identify which cuff was used in that period?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Regards,
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Colonel on the staff Empty Re: Colonel on the staff

Post  buistR Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:38 am

Hello Shams. The upper of the two examples that you have posted exactly matches the cuff of a Colonel on the Staff as illustrated in the Dress Regulations for the Army 1900 - that is to say with gold lace edging the scarlet flap but not backing the three cuff buttons. Generally speaking this is the sort of detail that remained unchanged during the period 1870-1902, after which some simplification took place on the grounds of economy. The text of the Regulations confirms that cuff flaps in full dress for "Head Quarters, General and Personal Staff" officers were scarlet and not dark blue.

The dark blue flap of the second cuff that you posted would suggest one of the Foot Guards (since they were "Royal" regiments). However the braiding shown does seem a little sparse - except for a few years after World War I when the unpopular "skeleton" pattern of lace was adopted as a cost saving measure, the cuff flaps of a Guards' officer were almost completely covered in gold braid.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Post  sbintayab Wed 11 Jul 2012, 2:59 am

Thanks buistR. But I want to know which cuff details were mentioned in Dress regulations 1874?
Thanks
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down