Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Columbia Army 1910-20

2 posters

Go down

Columbia Army 1910-20 Empty Columbia Army 1910-20

Post  buistR Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Another colour plate from the Spanish "Enciclopeida Universal" edition of c1922. I would think these are the uniforms of about 1910-15, judging by other plates in this encyclopaedia of armies where there are other sources to provide a time-line.

Again the Imperial German influence is strong - although the Kaiser's military missions in Latin America were presumably recalled for more urgent business in 1914. Both officers and other ranks are shown as having dark blue gala uniforms, although probably after the introduction of a universal khaki uniform for all arms (number 18) the wearing of full dress uniforms became limited to officers and long serving regular NCOs etc. The arm of service colour for the military train (transport) shown in figure 17 is a puzzling mix of black and yellow - meant to represent gold perhaps though it seems unlikely for an unglamerous branch.

Have just noticed that Photobucket has arbitarily clipped off about a third of the plate - including the two figures referred to above. Sorry about that - I will try and edit and post a second picture another day if there is any interest. But now it is very late in the Southern Hemisphere .....

I think one of Sean's excellent reconstructions was of a Columbian infantry man of a slightly earlier period.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Columbia Army 1910-20 Empty Thanks mate

Post  Sean Wed 10 Jun 2009, 3:05 am

Rowin,
Excellent, thanks for this. Its brilliant.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Columbia Army 1910-20 Empty Re: Columbia Army 1910-20

Post  buistR Wed 10 Jun 2009, 11:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Too kind Sean. Missing part of Columbian Army plate attached. Will try for Costa Rica next.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Columbia Army 1910-20 Empty Re: Columbia Army 1910-20

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down