Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liechtenstein Police 1930s

4 posters

Go down

Liechtenstein Police 1930s Empty Liechtenstein Police 1930s

Post  Sean Fri 24 Apr 2009, 3:08 pm

Another from Les White

"Attached is a photo of what I believe is the first Liechtenstein police uniform from 1933, it comes from their website. This shows the Dress uniform of Green jacket with Black trousers with a thin red stripe down the outside edge(Austrian police issue).For work wear the trousers were matching green to the jacket. Just an educated guess but I would say that the green is the same unique colour they used up until the new Blue uniform was issued, olive green. The photos of their new museum showing uniforms through the years don't show any other colour of green than the normal one used ,so I'd go with that."

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/12/22/09/10/leicht10.jpg
Liechtenstein Police 1930s Leicht10

Sean

Back to top Go down

Liechtenstein Police 1930s Empty Re: Liechtenstein Police 1930s

Post  Animal Tue 02 Jun 2009, 7:35 pm

I thought the Liechtenstein police started off wearing khaki uniforms in order to avoid being confused with any Austrian or Swiss police or military. In fact, the homepage of this site did include a Liechtenstein policeman of 1939 in a khaki uniform, including tunic, breeches, cap, and black riding boots and Sam Browne belt, overall resempling the general image of a typical army officer of the period, notably the Czechoslovak Army.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Liechtenstein Police 1930s Empty Liechtenstein Police 1930's

Post  Les-Art Tue 02 Jun 2009, 11:53 pm

Hi Animal,
I mentioned Green in my original description, as I can find no other evidence that they wore another colour. The green, of course is unique to them and if you check out the photos in their museum you will see that the green is a kind of olive colour, but I think it could be called 'Khaki' by some.
They were originally trained by the Austrian Police and it would not seem unreasonable for them to adopt certain aspects of their 'look' as they didn't have one of their own at the time. As happens currently around the world.
For work wear, everyday duty, the uniform was the same colour - Cap, Jacket, trousers or breeches. For special occasions the trousers were changed to black. If you check out all the photos through the years on their website you will see these different uniforms being used.
I can see no link between Czechoslovakia and Liechtenstien as far as cross country co-operation is conserned. Can't comment on the similarity of the unifrom ,as i don't know much about the Czech Army.
Hope this clarifies my oringinal post.

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal Wed 03 Jun 2009, 6:52 am

Les-Art wrote:Hi Animal,
I mentioned Green in my original description, as I can find no other evidence that they wore another colour. The green, of course is unique to them and if you check out the photos in their museum you will see that the green is a kind of olive colour, but I think it could be called 'Khaki' by some.
They were originally trained by the Austrian Police and it would not seem unreasonable for them to adopt certain aspects of their 'look' as they didn't have one of their own at the time. As happens currently around the world.
For work wear, everyday duty, the uniform was the same colour - Cap, Jacket, trousers or breeches. For special occasions the trousers were changed to black. If you check out all the photos through the years on their website you will see these different uniforms being used.
I can see no link between Czechoslovakia and Liechtenstien as far as cross country co-operation is conserned. Can't comment on the similarity of the unifrom ,as i don't know much about the Czech Army.
Hope this clarifies my oringinal post.

Best Regards,
Les

Actually the Prince of Liechtenstein did have large estates in Czechoslovakia, left over from Empire days, which were taken by the Communists after they seized power in 1948. Apparently the Princely family tried taking the issue to court after the Communists were deposed in 1989. So there is that link anyway.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Liechtenstein Police 1930s Empty Liechtenstein Police 1930's

Post  Les-Art Wed 03 Jun 2009, 9:45 am

Hi there,
That's interesting, I am not up to date with the relations between all the Royal Families around Europe.

Would still think that the uniform is based on the Austrian Model but in the Liechtenstein colour.

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisF202 Wed 03 Jun 2009, 10:42 am

Les-Art wrote:Hi there,
That's interesting, I am not up to date with the relations between all the Royal Families around Europe.

Would still think that the uniform is based on the Austrian Model but in the Liechtenstein colour.

Best Regards,
Les
For your information, most European Royal Families are related ... for example the UK's Queen Elizabeth II is related to every reigning European monarch in some way. It's actually pretty interesting.

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal Wed 03 Jun 2009, 10:55 am

ChrisF202 wrote:
Les-Art wrote:Hi there,

Best Regards,
Les
For your information, most European Royal Families are related ... for example the UK's Queen Elizabeth II is related to every reigning European monarch in some way. It's actually pretty interesting.

King George V, Kaiser Wilhelm II, and Czar Nicholas II were all cousins, being somehow related to Queen Victoria.

All that interbreeding is a little creepy- if Europe's noble families were ordinary common folk, they could possibly be on Jerry Springer.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Liechtenstein Police 1930s Empty Leichtenstein Police Museum

Post  Les-Art Sun 01 Nov 2009, 3:10 am

Hi Guys,
As requested by Zebra I have compiled some images of the Liechtenstien Police Museum, opened in 2008 on the 75th Anniversary of the force.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f88/13/98/25/75/blank_10.jpg
Liechtenstein Police 1930s Blank_10

All the photos are from the Flickr.com website so if you want to see any of the images in a larger format then it may be possible to do it from the site, I tried and can't get them to enlarge much without losing too much clarity.

It is a small museum which is quite normal for most European police departments as they normally get little help with funding.
Bet Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down