Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More exposure

4 posters

Go down

More exposure Empty More exposure

Post  Sean Sun 19 Apr 2009, 4:16 pm

I need to get the message out to people about this site. Any ideas?

Sean

Back to top Go down

More exposure Empty hopeless search

Post  wfrad Sun 19 Apr 2009, 11:22 pm

Google’s one to blame, try putting in Uniforms of the world, you would expect since the title of the forum is such it would come well ahead of other pages like:-
knoppen As I travel the world, it gives me the opportunity to visit local airline offices and I meet people who can maybe help me to obtain new uniforms for my ...
www.uniformfreak.com/index2a.html....
Found on the first page and even putting in uotw or uniforms forum you have the likes of :-
Amazon military uniforms. A community about military uniforms. Tag and discover new products. ... military uniforms forum. What is your favorite quotation about "military uniforms"? ...
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/tagging/glance/military%20uniforms - 167k.

Most of the first dozen or so pages has anything to do with military forums, even typing in Military Forums doesn't help.
I don’t suppose complaining to them about their search filters would help.
What chance has a site got when it's heading is uniforms of the world yet Google doesn't pick pick it up in the first dozen pages or more!
Changing key words for the search engine may be the only way.
Anyway some nice pictures posted today.
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

More exposure Empty Re: More exposure

Post  Sean Mon 20 Apr 2009, 3:02 am

Hey Mate,
Thanks for the response.
Nice to have a comeback that matches my opinion.
What I enjoy is typing in Uniforms of the World and getting a bondage site.....something to show the kids.
Anyway....the site has been listed on other forums...just wondering if anyone knows of forums I could seed with the web address

Sean

Back to top Go down

More exposure Empty Try linking to search engines

Post  wfrad Mon 20 Apr 2009, 3:40 am

Know what you mean Sean
I once typed in Japanese uniforms and a load of sites with Japanese text appeared.
Since the English sites proved useless I blindly tried a few Japanese sites.
Not to be recommended for the faint hearted.
You could always link to the Miss Whiplash sites and get paid as a uniform advisor.
The CD potential could be endless and I’m sure done in the best possible taste, but not for view here maybe.
Like said beforehand, maybe better key words, or ask Google if its relegating non-sponsors to the back pages,
This seems a little like my email provider kicking back emails that’s close to the limit saying it’s the filter system in use, same pictures in small multiple emails work, it’s just bull to keep file size down.
Google’s keeping the sponsors happy,
Maybe ask Google if it would like a link to the site and any other search engine.
If search engines are linked to the site you may get better search results?

wfrad

Back to top Go down

More exposure Empty Web Magazines

Post  wfrad Thu 30 Apr 2009, 4:51 am

Sean
Webuser and other magazines reviews websites picking out one that may be of interest to people.
They may be worth a shot to lift the profile, or any mag.
Or don't you think so?
Regards
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  buistR Mon 20 Jul 2009, 8:21 pm

Would it be worth adding a link to the Forum to the "External Links" section of the "Military Uniforms" article of Wikipedia? While the free Encyclopedia is a much abused institution, it is also a very heavily used one with probably scores of daily hits on this article alone.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal Tue 21 Jul 2009, 5:57 am

Sean wrote:Hey Mate,
Thanks for the response.
Nice to have a comeback that matches my opinion.
What I enjoy is typing in Uniforms of the World and getting a bondage site.....something to show the kids.
Anyway....the site has been listed on other forums...just wondering if anyone knows of forums I could seed with the web address

Bondage? Cool!! Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum