Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010

2 posters

Go down

US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010 Empty US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010

Post  Les-Art Mon 06 Sep 2010, 7:00 am

Hi Guys,
This is the New Uniform for the 'Honor Guard Pipes & Drums' of the United States Border Patrol,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/13/98/25/75/usbp_p11.jpg
This Dress Uniform includes some specially commissioned items.
Shown here is a Piper, the Drummers have an additional Green & White diced band on their Glengarry.
Apart from the Breast Badge, which is used by all USBP Honor Guard units, all the other items are used only by the Pipes & Drums.
The jacket is the standard Dress 'Ike' jacket.

The unit has been formed for a few years but they have recently standardised the uniform.

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010 Empty Re: US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010

Post  Sean Tue 07 Sep 2010, 4:22 am

And it's their own tartan. I thought the jacket was a standard ceremonial issue item?
Lovely picture, well presented

Sean

Back to top Go down

US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010 Empty Re: US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums 2010

Post  Les-Art Tue 07 Sep 2010, 5:29 am

Hi Sean,
The 'Ike' jacket has been used for many years as a Dress Jacket, what makes it ceremonial is the addition of the shoulder cord. It is normally worn closed but haven't figured out yet why they wear it open, it may be something to do with playing of the instruments. The nameplate, badge(here with mourning band) and service star are standard wear on the jacket.
Here is the whole band in their undress or 'practice' uniform;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/13/98/25/75/usbp_p10.jpg
Note: the guys with the diced bands on the Glengarries are the Drummers. The kilt pin is clearly visible on the left front row. The badge above the nameplate is a smaller version of the Honor Guard breast badge. Those members of the group with collar insignias denotes their rank in the USBP and not their rank in the band, also note they are wearing epaulette badges.
The two shoulder patches shown here are the standard issue ones now, the right side has the current designation as part of Homeland Security and the left side is the traditional patch of the USBP.

I hadn't checked yet about their tartan, so good to know it's their own design.

Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down