Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Momaco "armed forces" WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ".

2 posters

Go down

Momaco "armed forces"  WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ". Empty Momaco "armed forces" WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ".

Post  zebra Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

As well as the "Royal Guard" there was a company sized unit called the "Corps des sapeurs - pompiers" ,which (assuming) if it existed before WW2 was responsible for border patrol and defence. It exists today. But i haven't found out what the everyday/wartime uniform was during WW2. Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Momaco "armed forces"  WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ". Empty Re: Momaco "armed forces" WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ".

Post  ChrisF202 Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:38 pm

zebra wrote:As well as the "Royal Guard" there was a company sized unit called the "Corps des sapeurs - pompiers" ,which (assuming) if it existed before WW2 was responsible for border patrol and defence. It exists today. But i haven't found out what the everyday/wartime uniform was during WW2. Pat.
It's actually Monaco's fire department. Both the Royal Guard and the Fire Brigade (Sapeurs-Pompiers) have military status. Today however the Royal Guard also handles border guard duties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Monaco#Corps_des_Sapeurs-Pompiers
http://www.pompiers.gouv.mc

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Momaco "armed forces"  WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ". Empty Re: Momaco "armed forces" WW2- "Corps des sapeurs-pompiers ".

Post  zebra Sat 19 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Hello Chris i'll have to email them and see if i can get any extra info. Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down