Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German/Austrian fire service rank question

2 posters

Go down

German/Austrian fire service rank question Empty German/Austrian fire service rank question

Post  ChrisF202 Wed 01 Jul 2009, 3:51 am

What is a "Löschmeister"? Is it like some sort of warrant officer?

Thanks to Les; http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dienstgrade_bei_der_%C3%B6sterreichischen_Feuerwehr#Dienstgrade_in_Ober.C3.B6sterreich
^webpage with the ranks and rank insignia for the Austrian state fire & rescue services along with what appears to be firefighter chaplains and band members.

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

German/Austrian fire service rank question Empty German/austrian fire ranks

Post  Les-Art Wed 01 Jul 2009, 5:16 am

Hi Chris,
According to my Concise German Dictionary, german published version, the rank you are asking about simply means ' Fire Master' .
It would be an NCO rank in the military starting at Lance Corporal (Loschmeister), Corporal (oberloschmeister) and Sergeant(hauptloschmeister).
The 'Brandmeister' or 'Fire Cheif' ranks would represent Warrant Officer ranks.
Following the Austrian Police system the officer ranks would be the collar patch with the gold border and stars.
Looks like some of the ranks change depending on what area the firemen come from, which may get complicated, just like the old german Police rank system.

Did you find this through surfing the links from the website I posted ?

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

German/Austrian fire service rank question Empty Re: German/Austrian fire service rank question

Post  ChrisF202 Wed 01 Jul 2009, 5:40 am

Les-Art wrote:Hi Chris,
According to my Concise German Dictionary, german published version, the rank you are asking about simply means ' Fire Master' .
It would be an NCO rank in the military starting at Lance Corporal (Loschmeister), Corporal (oberloschmeister) and Sergeant(hauptloschmeister).
The 'Brandmeister' or 'Fire Cheif' ranks would represent Warrant Officer ranks.
Following the Austrian Police system the officer ranks would be the collar patch with the gold border and stars.
Looks like some of the ranks change depending on what area the firemen come from, which may get complicated, just like the old german Police rank system.

Did you find this through surfing the links from the website I posted ?

Best Regards,
Les
Yes I did! I also found some other interesting stuff on the German language version of Wikipedia.

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

German/Austrian fire service rank question Empty German wikipedia

Post  Les-Art Wed 01 Jul 2009, 6:37 am

Hi Chris,
I must do a bit more surfing to see what else I can find. I have been amazed at the info out there that no one seems to know about, including myself, and sometimes by just slightly altering the search title gives a load more items.
I'm pretty new to all this researching on line but I'm getting the hang of it.

I didn't realise you were interested in all types of insignias , thought you were mainly into Millitary with a passing interest in Police.

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

German/Austrian fire service rank question Empty Re: German/Austrian fire service rank question

Post  ChrisF202 Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:37 am

Les-Art wrote:Hi Chris,
I must do a bit more surfing to see what else I can find. I have been amazed at the info out there that no one seems to know about, including myself, and sometimes by just slightly altering the search title gives a load more items.
I'm pretty new to all this researching on line but I'm getting the hang of it.

I didn't realise you were interested in all types of insignias , thought you were mainly into Millitary with a passing interest in Police.

Best Regards,
Les
Ill take pretty much anything; military, law enforcement, fire & rescue, customs/immigration/border guards, prisons, etc

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down