Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RN Epaulettes 1846 to 1926

Go down

RN Epaulettes 1846 to 1926 Empty RN Epaulettes 1846 to 1926

Post  wfrad Fri 28 Nov 2008, 10:52 am

Hope this makes sense, to save space I have just done the main changes rather than repeat.
For example the Kings crown would have been in use from Edward VII [1901-1910].
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Regards
WF

Last edited by wfrad on Sat 30 Jul 2022, 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed Photbucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

RN Epaulettes 1846 to 1926 Empty RN Stripes 1891

Post  wfrad Sun 07 Dec 2008, 4:16 am

To go with the epaulettes heres a chart for officer cuff stripes for around the end of the Victorian period.
I did try to paste a cpmparison chart but I'm afraid what you see is what you get.
For the civil branch I've only added a couple of examples as the ranks are shown in comparison to the military ranks below.
Red medical, White accountant, Purple engineer and Light Blue instuctors.
Hope it makes sense.

Royal Navy Rank Comparisons for Military & Civil Branch
Military Branch Medical Accountant Engineers      Instructors
1 Admiral of the Fleet
2 Admiral
3 Vice Admiral
4 Rear Admiral & Commodore 1st Class Inspector General of Hospitals
5 Commodore 2nd Class
6 Captain, Deputy Inspector General of Hospitals,  Paymaster in Chief,   Chief Inspector &  Inspector of Machinery
7 Commander,  Fleet Surgeon,  Fleet Paymaster, Fleet Engineer,  Instructor 15 years
8 Lieutenant 8 Years ,  Staff Surgeon,  Staff Paymaster & Paymaster,  Staff Engineer & Chief Engineer Instructor 8 years
9 Lieutenant,  Surgeon ,  Assistant Paymaster 12 years, Engineer of 6 years,  Instructor  under 8 years
10 Sub Lieutenant,   Assistant Paymaster 6 Years, Engineer under 6 yrs
11 Chief Gunner & Boatswain, Assistant Paymaster under 6 years Assistant Engineer Chief Carpenters
12 Gunner & Boatswain Over 10 years,  Clerk & Assistant Clerk,   Carpenter of 10 years
13 Gunner & Boatswain under 10 years, Carpenter
14 Midshipman
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by wfrad on Sat 30 Jul 2022, 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed Photobucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum