Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian dress regulations - HELP

3 posters

Go down

Canadian dress regulations - HELP Empty Canadian dress regulations - HELP

Post  Sean Tue 07 Oct 2008, 1:34 pm

Can anyone out there help me with a copy of the 1953 Orders & Instructions for dress of the Canadian Army.
Happy to pay for copying and postage.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Canadian dress regulations - HELP Empty Re: Canadian dress regulations - HELP

Post  servicepub Tue 21 Oct 2008, 3:17 am

Hi Sean,

Rarer than rocking horse poop! Most copies have 20 years worth of handwritten amendments so to find an original, unmarked copy is tough.
I haven't forgotten that I owe you some other Canadian Dress Regs. I recently found a mint copy of the 1947 (provisional) regs which were later superceded by the 1953 dress instructions. I will send you an electronic copy as soon as I have finished cleaning up the scan.

Cheers,

Clive

servicepub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed 22 Oct 2008, 5:46 pm

Thanks Clive, the 47 prov would be excellent.
Also if possible the 53 orders would be great no matter how many amendments are made, in fact I love to see the amendments. But I understand if its not possible.
I am in the process of tapping in the dress regs chapter from the 1925 Queen's Own Rifles of Canada Standing Orders. Quite detailed and interesting. Can send them when I finish if you like.
Also got hold of the 1960s SOs for RCA and RCAOC (still waiting on the Canadian Guards) very good with pics. A bit of detail but they refer to the 53 Orders all the time.
Thanks again

Sean

Sean

Back to top Go down

Canadian dress regulations - HELP Empty QOR cloth titles

Post  Bill A Wed 29 Oct 2008, 12:53 am

Hello Sean, I am researching the use of cloth shoulder titles in the Canadian army. I have come across a couple of notes that indicate that the QOR wore a cloth shoulder title during the inter-war period. It does not specify the type, size, colour or anything, other than that the unit had one. Have you come across anything about these in the dress regs?
Thanks Bill

Bill A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue 11 Nov 2008, 7:26 pm

Still looking, can anyone help with a photocopy?
Gladly pay for item and postage, or exchange with stuff I've got.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down