Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900

2 posters

Go down

Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900 Empty Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900

Post  nidhi Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:47 am

Hello,
I'm looking for changes in Police uniforms of Maharashtra Police since the times of the Indiam Imperial Police to now 2016.
Any help will be great! Thanks!

nidhi

Back to top Go down

Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900 Empty Re: Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900

Post  wfrad Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Have you tried emailing the Indian police ?  there’s a pdf file of email addresses on the their web page.  You may hit lucky and find an officer with an interest in their uniforms.  Or have a restraining order taking out against you.Very Happy

There are a couple of general histories out there that mention the police but maybe not worth the price for the couple of pages in them you may need.
Here’s two regarding the police that you may have already found. They are not exactly what you are looking for, history not uniforms, although they give a general idea of the structure of the Indian police and government during the 1800’s.

The first gives a brief history of the organisation or disorganisation of the early police which appears to be standard across the board.
The second is covers circulars/regulations of different authorities including Judges and Magistrates.

The circulars are mainly regarding the administration, such as when and how to use prisoners for work details and when and how to submit reports. This may be of general interest but I don’t believe it comes anywhere near what you have asked for.

The book are:
1.  The History of Police Organisation in India and Indian Village Police – select chapters of the report of the Indian Police Commission, 1902-03.

2.  Circular Orders Issued from the Late Office of the Superintendent of Police in the Lower Provinces, 1837-1854.

Both are available for download from the archive site.
If you do require them and are unable to find or download them send me a PM  with and email address and I will forward them onto you.

At the risk of telling how to suck eggs, don’t send you home email or post it on the forum.
Use one of the many online providers for forums like  GMX, Gmail and Yahoo.

WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900 Empty Re: Police uniforms in Maharashtra since 1800/1900

Post  nidhi Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Thankyou WF!
I will go through those books!

This is needed for a design proposal I am working on for the Maharashtra Police Museum, as my thesis for B.Arch!

nidhi

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:31 pm

There’s no images in them so maybe they are of some, but not much use for design.
They are good for giving an insight into the 1800’s government mentality and stucture.
Best of luck..

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down