Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Bandolier

2 posters

Go down

Indian Bandolier Empty Indian Bandolier

Post  Sean Sat 03 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

I have seen various photographs showing this bandolier in use, in India and the Far East. It seems to be a fairly common item but I don't know the name. Any help?
It appears to have 4 larger pouches holds individual rounds for the LMLE and a central pouch for other munitions(?) or equipment. But these guys carry an older breech loading artillery carbine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Given their weapon I reckon these blokes are volunteer artillery from India, can anyone confirm?

Sean

Back to top Go down

Indian Bandolier Empty Bandolier equipment 1903

Post  wfrad Sat 03 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

Sean,
As far as I can tell it could be the 1903 badolier equipment but the pouches seem to be a little large.
The 1903 equipment was replaced by the 1908 pattern and then supposedly used for second line service, but was used in action from South Africa well into the first world war.

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Indian Bandolier Empty Re: Indian Bandolier

Post  Sean Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:54 pm

No, its definitely a different model designed, I believe, to meet Indian needs because they retained the Long Magazine Lee Enfield that still required single round loading. But based on the 1903 pattern.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Indian Bandolier Empty Re: Indian Bandolier

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down