Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honduran army rank insignia 1920s

3 posters

Go down

Honduran army rank insignia 1920s Empty Honduran army rank insignia 1920s

Post  buistR Sun 02 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

Attached, in case it is of wider interest, are extracts from an email exchange between fellow-member Zebra and myself re the above:

Hello, just looking at your reply and see you mention Honduras. I think that in the 1920s-30s junior officers had 1-3 cuff gold stripes 5mm thick ,nco's1-3 cuff stripes 1mm thick in branch colour . Any idea what the nco colour could be?

Hi Pat - sorry about the delay in replying (that time of year). Re your enquiry: my sparse material on Honduras states that the NCO insignia for sergeants first and second class c1920 comprised three and two stripes respectively in arm of service colours - that is dark red for artillery and engineers and "marine" (navy?) blue for infantry, cavalry and others. Presumably the equivalent of lance corporals or privates first class had just a single stripe. Each stripe was 1 millimetre wide. The usual Latin American practice at this time (following the Spanish pattern) was for NCO stripes to be diagonal and placed on the lower sleeve.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Honduran army rank insignia 1920s Empty Thanks

Post  busel82 Mon 03 Jan 2011, 2:15 am

Many thanks buistR.Вы the kind person. You wrote them about plates of army of Ecuador-is possible to see at a forum. In section of the South America I have begun a theme of Ecuador. In the encyclopaedia there is an information on a uniform of Venezuela?

busel82

Back to top Go down

Honduran army rank insignia 1920s Empty Re: Honduran army rank insignia 1920s

Post  zebra Tue 04 Jan 2011, 8:22 pm

Thanks Rowin for posting this reply, Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Honduran army rank insignia 1920s Empty Re: Honduran army rank insignia 1920s

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down