Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panama National police uniforms WW2?

4 posters

Go down

Panama National police uniforms WW2? Empty Panama National police uniforms WW2?

Post  zebra Tue 14 Dec 2010, 8:59 pm

Has anyone found any photos of the Panamanian police WW2?The only description i have been given mentions-

US uniforms with campaign hat and leather puttees. I think this was from a book called "Identification" by J W Bunkley (1942or3). Not too sure if the tunic would be the M1912/WW1 type or later one with open collar. as for the puttees could this mean gaiters/leggings?

regards Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Panama National police uniforms WW2? Empty Circa 1933

Post  Sean Thu 16 Dec 2010, 3:22 am

This illustration is taken from the description in Blakeslee's book on police uniforms, and a contemporary photograph.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'Putties' were leather gaiters, worn by the junior ranks.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Panama National police uniforms WW2? Empty Re: Panama National police uniforms WW2?

Post  ChrisF202 Thu 16 Dec 2010, 6:19 am

I assume the chevron was a mark of rank? Do you happen to know the whole rank insignia system?

ChrisF202

Back to top Go down

Panama National police uniforms WW2? Empty Re: Panama National police uniforms WW2?

Post  zebra Sat 18 Dec 2010, 8:52 pm

Sean ,thankyou for posting that excellent illustration, regards Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Post  Raja Fri 24 Dec 2010, 8:54 pm

Great illustration Sean, but having a problem ,would like to print it off but cannot get it to appear on print preview ,anyone else having this problem? Ranjit.

Raja

Back to top Go down

Post  zebra Fri 31 Dec 2010, 8:40 pm

can't get anything to appear on print preview using a pc at my local library,Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Post  zebra Fri 31 Dec 2010, 8:45 pm

Chris, if you go to the "International Uniform Insignia" website go to Panama/police , and you will see this chevron indicates a private 1st class. The nco chevrons are of US style, which isn't much of a surprise and the officers have bars. Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down