Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2

+12
mconrad
zaptie
IMI
Sean
Raja
Niels
Greatscott
wfrad
Animal
RagePaintedSky
ChrisF202
Les-Art
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2

Post  Niels Sat 21 Aug 2010, 7:25 pm

Hi Les
After a futher look at the picture I don`t think it is Politigården, sorry.
It might more be a company i som smaller town.
Rgds
Niels

Niels

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty "Uniforms of the world" FG Blakeslee 1928/9

Post  Raja Sat 21 Aug 2010, 7:42 pm

I'm sure i've read somewhere that this book also contains civil police uniform details.If any one has a copy could some information be posted, which would be a usefull addition to the photos already posted. Ranjit.

Raja

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2

Post  Sean Sun 22 Aug 2010, 1:25 am

It does indeed have some police uniform detail, but Blakeslee's other book 'Police Uniforms of the World' is superb. It can still be bought on sites like abebooks.com, but is quite expensive.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal Sun 22 Aug 2010, 4:34 am

Sean wrote:It does indeed have some police uniform detail, but Blakeslee's other book 'Police Uniforms of the World' is superb. It can still be bought on sites like abebooks.com, but is quite expensive.

Or you could borrow it thru interlibrary loan and Xerox it on your printer. The book's small enough to copy 2 pages at once.

Animal

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty On the Spanish Border

Post  Les-Art Sun 29 Aug 2010, 3:40 am

Hi Guys,
Found this photo on one of the photo sharing websites.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://i.servimg.com/u/f68/13/98/25/75/30532810.jpg
This one shows a Spanish Guardia Civil talking to German forces at a border control point.

The Germans don't have the usual FeldPolizei insignias, so not sure what they are. Anybody know?

Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Les-Art Sun 29 Aug 2010, 3:46 am

Hi Neils,
Thanks for the info on the Danish Police, I didn't have much on them during this period and I wasn't sure it was for the period it was dated ,as open neck jackets with collar and ties were not the normal for this period, most police forces still had button to the neck uniform jackets.

Do you know why some men are wearing breeches and boots, are they motorcyclists or car drivers?

Best Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Carabinieri in Salerno 1943

Post  Les-Art Tue 26 Oct 2010, 5:52 am

Here is an interesting photo taken by a US Government official photographer on D-Day + 2 at Salerno, Italy.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/13/98/25/75/salern10.jpg
It shows a US Officer explaning a proclamation by the Allied Government to two Caribinieri, while a British Itellegence Officer looks on.
The Carabinieri have been issued with Armbands reading 'CIVIL POLICE' and ? (can't read the rest anybody know?). They are wearing their standard working uniform, for town duty, which still looks pretty much what is worn today and they are still armed with their own carbines.

The photo is part of a series taken on 11th September 1943, two days after allied forces landed on the italian Coast and made their way inland.

Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Les-Art Tue 26 Oct 2010, 6:05 am

Here is another photo from the Salerno group.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/13/98/25/75/salern11.jpg
This one shows a Captain in the Salerno City Police, sitting on a motorcycle, talking with a Carabinieri Officer.
They are both wearing the 'CIVIL POLICE' Armband. The City Policeman appears to be wearing a Military uniform, at least in cut and rank insignias, it is difficult to know but it could be a light blue colour common with many Municipal Police in Italy. The carabinieri is identified by the granade badge on his side cap, he is wearing the Military Uniform issued to the Carbinieri for Field work and looking at his breaches and boots he could be from a mounted unit, or possibly the M/C Rider. The Belt is of the type issued to Warrant Officers and Officer ranks but I can not see any other insignias on the uniform.

Add whta ever other information you may have regarding these uniforms.
Rehards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Salerno

Post  IMI Thu 04 Nov 2010, 11:07 am

Salve. Belle immagini.
Both are Carabinieri: on left is an officer.
Sono entrambi Carabinieri: a sinistra un ufficiale indossa un'uniforme in tessuto migliore e con il fregio della granata ricamato.
Grazie
Italo

IMI

Back to top Go down

Post  zaptie Sun 07 Nov 2010, 4:51 am

Confirm both carabinieri : on left officier ( tenente = leutnant) , on rigt enlisted . both in " grigioverde " ( greygreen)field dress .

zaptie

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Algiers, 1943.

Post  mconrad Tue 09 Nov 2010, 1:09 am

mconrad

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Belgian (anti resistance ?) police

Post  giraffe6 Thu 16 May 2013, 7:00 pm

Hello,

i have recently found this link, not too sure what they are, certainly not the Gendarmerie who wore dark blue uniforms, kepi with silver braid and red collar patches.

http://www.ablhistoryforum.be/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2046

Paul.

giraffe6

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Belgian Politie Rurale

Post  Les-Art Tue 28 May 2013, 2:15 am

Paul,
I checked out your link and had a look at the uniform. It will take awhile to translate all the posts.
The Cap badge is for the Belgian Politie Rurale(Police Rurale), they policed the countryside with special attention to the villages. I would say the roundel on the cap is for Belgium and not Germany, so this is probably a photo of a policeman before the war.
I'll see if I can find out more info.

Regards,
Les

Les-Art

Back to top Go down

Post  giraffe6 Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:27 pm

Thanks Les ,

Paul.

giraffe6

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Foreign Legions of the 3rd reich , vol 2 , David Littlejohn.

Post  zebra Tue 13 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

Hello,

does anyone have a copy of this book ? Do they just cover the military SS volunteers etc or include the various civil police or German raised police , especially for any anti- resistance/ partisan operations ?

Just wondering if vol 2 has anything about the Belgian Gendarmerie or other police.

Pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty These buttons are found in Belarus

Post  lytech Tue 16 Sep 2014, 12:04 am

These buttons are found in Belarus https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/95/71/img_0311.jpg

lytech

Back to top Go down

Civil Police in Occupied Countries during WW2 - Page 3 Empty Danish police helmet

Post  zebra Wed 16 Dec 2015, 8:36 pm

Hello,

some photos of the Danish police wearing a helmet I didn't know was issued.

http://www.cascoscoleccion.com/dinamarc/dan39.htm

pat.

zebra

Back to top Go down

Post  oblongz Thu 31 Dec 2015, 8:47 pm

Hello,

Danish uniforms were dark blue.

Ken.

oblongz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3