Mwxican Navy Rank Chart from 2000

Go down

Mwxican Navy Rank Chart from 2000

Post  wfrad on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 3:59 am

This one I have put in the correct section.
Hereís my attempt at a rank chart for the Mexican Navy from 2000 on.
In the chart Iíve stuck with the Spanish names simple because it was easier,
My version of the ranks would be,
Seaman
Able Seaman,
Petty officer Third Class,
Petty officer Second Class,
Warrant Officer,
Midshipman,
Sub Lieutenant,
Lieutenant,
Lieutenant Commander,
Commander,
Captain,
Rear Admiral,
Vice Admiral,
Admiral,
Admiral of the Fleet,
Not quite correct as the direct translation would be a little different,
No warrant officer instead itís midshipman first teacher,
Sub Lieutenant translates as Lieutenant Corvette,
Lieutenant translates as Lieutenant Frigate and so on.
So since the ranks donít really translate into the general naval equivalents, general as in Royal Navy, I have left them well alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mwxican Navy Rank Chart from 2000

Post  ChrisF202 on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 8:24 am

Good job Bill, however I believe that Rear Admiral through Secretary of the Navy also have soft shoulder boards that look somewhat different as well as cuff rank insignia. I will have to see if I can find pictures.

ChrisF202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NAVY rANKS

Post  wfrad on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 9:56 am

Hi Cris,
Yes youíre correct about the sleeve rings, just didnít have the space to do them otherwise the shoulder straps would have been to small.
The shoulder straps have what could be described as a water mark type of pattern which includes the eagle and raised diagonal stripes as on the last link below {only one of several I used to cross check only to confuse the issue further}.
I used the RN or nearest equivalent, since thereís no real translation, Admiral of the Fleet for SECRETARIO DE MARINA.

I sorry if I didnít make it clear that the RN ranks were just a rough guide line to the original ranks on the sheet.
Below is a link which shows both shoulder and sleeve ranks, which also uses the army style names dated 2009, whilst the references that I used were dated earlier around 2000.

Also I shouls have attempted the pattern under the rank badges to show the stap isn't plain, sorry for that.
The next step was to do a chart showing the changes between them which would have include the extra seaman grades along with the army stile designations.

Problem is not speaking Spanish itís time consuming and prone to making what can only be silly mistakes.
So looking at the links I took the easy option of showing the soft shoulder board/strap of the early stile to leave the harder board for some time later, properly never.

Nothing is ever truly simple,
Anyway chris hereís the links for you to have a look at, like you said the later ones are more of a shoulder board, so maybe the earlier ones were also but to be honest I just donít know.
Hope the links are of use,
Regards
WF
http://www.3dediana.com.mx/gradosmilitaresarmada.html
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalaf%C3%B3n_militar_de_la_armada_mexicana
http://tirodeportivo.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/rangos-de-la-marina-armada-de-mexico/

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisF202 on Mon 17 Aug 2009, 11:05 am

You can't blame yourself on the details, information of any sort regarding the modern Mexican military is extremely hard to come by and as you said 95% of what one finds is in Spanish, uniform/rank insignia details are even harder to come by. Even looking for historical information is a pain in the rear end.

For years I have been trying to find details regarding the Mexican Army's rank insignia around the time of the Texas War of Independence of 1836 and the US-Mexico War of 1846 - 48. Everything I find says something different or is very vague. Ditto for my research into the rank insignia of the Porfirio Diaz era (1876 - 1911) Mexican Army immediately preceding the 1910 - 20 Mexican Revolution.

ChrisF202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Try Here

Post  wfrad on Tue 18 Aug 2009, 2:09 am

Tell me about it!
Just in case you may not have seen this site, it may be worth a look.
Quite a few nice photographs and a host of info for anyone who can speak Spanish,
Google search for the site provides an English translation.
Regards
WF
http://www.militar.org.ua/foro/uniformes-de-nueva-espana-mexico-siglo-xix-t8606.html

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down