Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen

2 posters

Go down

Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen Empty Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen

Post  mohamedhossam Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a long time! I was browsing through the Flags of the World website, and one link led to another, and I found myself at the website of the former royal family of Qu'aiti Sultanate which existed in Yemen until the 1960s. Not only did this former state have armed forces, but to my delighted surprise, had a very developed set of uniforms. For your viewing pleasure:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A uniform used by Sultan Ghalib bin Awadh I in his capacity as the Supreme Commander of the Qu’aiti Regular and Irregular Armed Forces.  Circa- 1910s/1330sH

The uniforms of an officer of the Qu’aiti Armed Constabulary (the QAC), in Arabic “Al-Shurtah al-Qu’aitiyyah al-Musallihah”, formerly known as “Al-Jandarmah al-Qu’aitiyyah” or the Qu’aiti Gendarmerie. Post- 1945/1360sH.

The uniform of an officer of the Mukalla Regular Army (the MRA), in Arabic “Jaish al-Mukalla al-Nidhami”, formerly known as “Al-Nidham” (the Regulars).  Late 1930s/1350sH.

The uniform of a Camel Lancers’ Processional Guard of HH Sultan Sir Saleh bin Ghalib recruited mostly from the Nadhi Tribal Confederation. Late 1930s/1350sH.

continued.....

mohamedhossam

Back to top Go down

Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen Empty Re: Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen

Post  mohamedhossam Tue 14 Apr 2015, 10:45 am

An officer in ceremonial uniform of the Mukalla Regular Army. The jacket design and colour is borrowed from the Arab Regiment of the Nizam of Hyderabad, the Jamayyat-e-Nizam Mahboub, also known as Mysore Regiment. Circa- 1930s/1350sH.

A uniform of a Jundi or Private of the Qu’aiti Sultanic Guard (QSG) “Firqat al-Haras al-Khasah al-Sultani al-Qu’aiti” which was designed and created by HH Sultan Ghalib bin Awadh II in 1966/1386H.

A uniform of the Commanding Officer of the Qu’aiti Sultanic Guard (QSG) “Firqat al-Haras al-Khasah al-Sultani al-Qu’aiti” and Equerry to the Sultan in 1966/1386H.

ALL PICTURES AND CAPTIONS TAKEN FROM THE WEBSITE OF THE AL QUAITI ROYAL FAMILY http://alquaiti.com/

Also, if anyone here is interested in heraldry or vexillology, and I'm sure a few of you probably are, the flag of the sultanate was designed by the College of Arms in London in 1939:

Extremely interesting

mohamedhossam

Back to top Go down

Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen Empty Re: Uniforms of the Qu'aiti Sultanate in Yemen

Post  buistR Mon 20 Apr 2015, 11:00 am

Thanks very much for posting these mohamedhossam. Interesting illustrations of a little known subject.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down