Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan

2 posters

Go down

American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan Empty American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan

Post  wfrad Sun 23 Nov 2014, 11:54 am

Just purchased a copy of American Badges and Insignia by Evans E. Kerrigan.
Although published over thirty years ago towards the end of the Vietnam War it's still a very good source of reference for American badges pre 70's.
With 260 pages, including index and illustrated with over 1100 b/w illustrations for the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy.
Starting with the Civil War and ending with Vietnam it would be impossible to have all of the insignia illustrated within two hundred and sixty pages, but it's still a very good attempt.
He's worked around the size problem by referring to those badges that are similar to one and other rather than trying to illustrating them.
Only small issue with the book is that many of the illustrations are quite small but compared with many other books out there it's still a very good reference.
Within the pages I came across this newspaper clipping.
American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan File_z10

Last edited by wfrad on Tue 26 Jul 2022, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed photobucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan Empty Re: American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan

Post  mconrad Mon 24 Nov 2014, 5:54 am

Kerrigan's book as a somewhat underexposed scan is a recent addition to the internet.

mconrad

Back to top Go down

American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan Empty Kerigans book

Post  wfrad Tue 25 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

I found my copy on Amazon for just under £3.
Taking the postage into consideration it's still cheaper than a magazine that's discarded once read.

wfrad

Back to top Go down

American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan Empty Re: American Badges Insignia E.E. kerrigan

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down