Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellent Turkish Uniforms site

3 posters

Go down

Excellent Turkish Uniforms site Empty Excellent Turkish Uniforms site

Post  Sean Thu 14 Feb 2013, 5:53 am

Sean

Back to top Go down

Excellent Turkish Uniforms site Empty Re: Excellent Turkish Uniforms site

Post  buistR Thu 14 Feb 2013, 7:17 am

Very good material indeed - I have never seen such a thorough coverage of Ottoman uniforms (except for the inexplicably missing trousers!). A bit discouraging that all the recently published books in English on the subject are rated from fairly low to extremely low for accuracy in the book review section. Still this profusely illustrated site should go some way towards filling the gap.

How do you pick up these new sources so quickly Sean? I see that nearly all the plates are dated February 1913.

buistR

Back to top Go down

Excellent Turkish Uniforms site Empty Turkish site

Post  michael1 Tue 05 May 2015, 10:26 pm

Yes it is a shame that he spends so much time rubbishing other peoples efforts which is fair enough but his own accuracy leaves something to be desired, his notes on the Anglo-Turkish Contingent are full of errors and mis-understanding of sources as are his notes and sketches on the Egyptian army. I quite understand this is a work in progress and he certainly has some excellent source material but one should be much more careful before publishing if you are going to so publicly deride others

michael1

Back to top Go down

Excellent Turkish Uniforms site Empty Re: Excellent Turkish Uniforms site

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down