Uniforms of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges

2 posters

Go down

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges Empty Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges

Post  sbintayab Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:33 am

In October 2011, Rank badges of Bangladesh army was slide changed.
Here the complete and current officers rank insignia of Bangladesh army.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Regards
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges Empty Re: Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges

Post  sbintayab Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:03 am

Hello,
Another image of Bangladesh Army officers rank badges which was lasted from January 1972 to October 2011.
Regards
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges Empty Re: Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges

Post  sbintayab Sun 03 Feb 2013, 4:47 am

On 16th December 2012, Rank badges of Bangladesh army was slide changed.
Regards
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges Empty Bangladesh Border Guards

Post  wfrad Mon 04 Feb 2013, 3:19 am

Shams.
Here's the ranks for the border guards to go along with your army ranks.
Organisation
At present there are 61 battalions in the Border Guards of Bangladesh.
The Border Guards of Bangladesh (BGB) is commanded by a Major General given the title of Director General. He is assisted by a Deputy Director General of the Brigadier General rank.
The colonel level officer is the Director of Operations and Training in this paramilitary force, while another officer of the same rank is the Director Administration.
Organised in to 4 regional headquarters including Southwestern regional HQ: Jessore, Northwestern regional HQ: Naogaon, Northeastern regional HQ: Sarail, Brahmanbaria, Southeastern regional HQ: Khagrachari, 12 operational sectors including Dhaka, Mymensingh, Sylhet, Comilla, Chittagong, Rangamati, Khagrachari, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Dinajpur, Kushtia and Khulna. Each sector is commanded by a Colonel, seconded from the Bangladesh Army.
Currently the BGB Director General is Major General Rafiqul Islam. He assumed his duty as the chief of the BGB on the 15th of April 2010.
Training
BGB personnel are imparted with standard military training as well as law enforcement, special warfare and counter terrorism training.
History
Ramgarh Local Battalion (1795-1861)
Frontier Guards (1861-1891
Bengal Military Police (1891-1919)
Eastern Frontier Rifles (1920-1947)
East Pakistan Rifles (1947-1972)
Bangladesh Rifles (1972-2009)
Border Guard Bangladesh (2009-Present)
The border guard  mutinied over pay in 2009.

Last edited by wfrad on Mon 25 Jul 2022, 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : text removed photobucket)

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  sbintayab Mon 04 Feb 2013, 6:31 am

Thanks wfrad.... In BGB (Border Guards Bangladesh), my father was a sector commander and director administration from 1987-1989. I love my these days.
Current DG- Major General Md Aziz Ahmed. He was my father's adjutant when my father was commanding officer of 8th Engineers Battalion. Later he changed his arms from Corps of Engineers to Regiments of Artillery.
Before Mutiny 2009, it was named as Bangladesh Rifles. It is under direction of Home ministry. Right now, BGB HQ has four regions (commanded by Brig Gen) which are not still introduced due to some shortage. Still BGB HQ directly commanded 12 sectors. Each sector has 3 to 5 Guards Battalions depend on territorial and sector area. Largest sector is Comilla sector and smallest is Kustia sector. Right now each sector commanded by Colonel, but before 1990 by Lieutenant Colonel. Each Battalion commanded by Lt Col (Before 1990, Maj commanded Battalions), consists of 4-5 Frontier companies . Before mutiny, Companies were commanded by Assistant Directors (equivalent to Army Captain) with one Subedar. Each Company has 6-10 BOPs. Each BOP commander rank is Jemadar (equivalent to Naib Subedar) or Havildar. Right now company commands by Army Major.
Each Sector HQ has one commander (Colonel from Army), 2IC (Lt Colonel from Army), Signal Offr (Maj from Army) and DAAQMG (Maj from Army) and rest of the staff officers from BGB inside.
Each Battalion HQ has one CO (Lt Col), 2IC (Maj) and Adjutant (Capt). Quartermaster from BGB.
Each company HQ has one OC (Maj) and company officer (Capt).
All army officers are posted to BGB HQ as deputation. Later Secretariat of DG select the officers for appropriate appointment.
Its main task is to defend the border, stop the smuggling in peace time. In war time, all battalions will be converted as infantry battalions of regular army.
Any further information, you can ask me.
Thanks
Shams

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Bangladesh Army officers Rank Badges Empty Border Guard

Post  wfrad Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:40 am

Hi Shams,
Most of the information came from this site http://www.bgb.gov.bd/ which you may be interested in if you don't already know about it.
As for keeping the border secure, I don't believe it to be possible in a region where smuggling is a national sport.
We keep hearing about the border tensions with India, we tend to forget about the problems with the Burmese border.
Not a happy place to work, no wonder the Border Guards were upset in 2000 and who could blame them!
Unfortunately things got out of hand and went a little too far, with both side having to take responsibility for what happened.
I hope that your farther was long retired before things came to a head, and well out of the way..
Regards
WF

wfrad

Back to top Go down

Post  sbintayab Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:16 am

Thanks Wilf. I know the website. In the website, the information is available which including future plan and current establishment. On January 2013, Home ministry has announced for establishing regional HQ with 4 additional sectors.
BSF of India much aggressive than BGB. Last time they killed one Bangladeshi child and hanged her body on bur-bet wire. Few days ago, several mizo people entered into Bangladesh border and back fired by BSF. But it is not usually happened. Bangladesh has very little border with Myanmar which are mostly mountainous and forest region.
My father was retired from Bangladesh army in 1996 as Colonel. Now he is enjoying his post retirement life.

sbintayab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down